Love chicken and couscous and this is a economical recipe from Recipe+
Make and share this Barbecued Drumsticks With Orange Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 8 chicken drumsticks (skin removed)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine and garlic marinade (store bought)
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 cup green beans (frozen sliced thawed)
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 orange (medium peeled halved lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (toasted chopped)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced extra)
- 2 tomatoes (large chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat barbecue grill to moderate,.
- Place chicken and marinade in a large bowl and toss to coast evenly and then add to grill and cook and turn for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked.
- Meanwhile place couscous and beans in a medium bowl and stir in boiling water and then cover with plastic food wrap and set aside for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and then use a fork to fluff and separate grains.
- Add orange, walnuts, onion, tomato and juice and stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve drumsticks and couscous mixture sprinkled with extra onion.
Made for a nice healthy lunch that was very filling while being easy on the wallet! I made as written using homemade red wine garlic marinade (never would have thought to do chicken in red wine). We enjoyed and will enjoy again, but next time think will let the chicken marinade a couple of 10 to 20 minutes and will cook the couscous with either some stock or OJ and toss in just a bit of cilantro. Thanks for the post.