Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I modified this recipe that originally appeared in Sunset magazine. Use your favorite pizza dough for the crust..I personally love either a Neoplitan thin crust or Eating Well's whole wheat crust both of which I'll post separately!
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (apprx 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and cut fine
- 2 slices your favorite turkey bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- fox point seasoning, to taste
- dried chipotle powder, to taste
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup canned green chili
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- thin pizza crust, of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 and heat pizza stone if using one.
- Heat large nonstick pan and saute onions and garlic with bacon
- Add chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peppers and seasonings.
- Add chilies, cream cheese and bbq sauce reducing heat and stirring until cheese is melted and "sauce" is blended
- For a crispy crust, pre bake crust for 10 minutes before loading it with toppings
- Add chicken mixture and top with cheese and cilantro if desired. Bake until cheese is melted (apprx 15 minutes).
Loved, loved this recipe!! I made a few changes -- omitted the chiles and red peppers because of my personal tastes and used reduced fat crescent roll mixture for the dough. Great flavor and low fat!