Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the Rival Crock-Pot 3-books-in-1 recipe book; Slow Cooker Favorites section.
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, split
- Cut roast in half and place into Crock-Pot slow cooker. Combine ketchup, onion, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, mustard, black pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes in large bowl. Pour sauce mixture over roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until done.
- Remove roast from cooking liquid; cool slightly. Trim and discard excess fat from beef. Shred meat with 2 forks.
- Let cooking liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off and discard fat.
- Return meat to Crock-Pot slow cooker. Stir to evenly coat meat with sauce. Adjust seasonings. Cover and cook on LOW 15 to 30 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon filling into sandwich buns and top with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.