Prep time includes cleaning and de-veining shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butter
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole dried rosemary leaves (measured, then finely chopped)
- 2 ounces garlic, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1For Barbecue Butter: Soften butter at room temperature to 70-80 degrees F.
- 2Place butter in mixing bowl; add pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water.
- 3Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended.
- 4Refrigerate to 40 degrees F.
- 5Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 6For Shrimp: Pour olive oil in a hot sauté pan.
- 7Add shrimp to the sauté pan and cook on one side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8(Don't crowd; if necessary, use 2 pans. A 12-inch pan will accommodate 1 pound of shrimp.) Reduce heat to medium, turn shrimp, and add the chopped green onion.
- 9Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- 10Add white wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 11Stir in 1 cup cold Barbecue Butter (reserve the remainder for another use), reduce heat to low and cook and stir frequently until shrimp are just done (white throughout, moist and tender), approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- 12Take care not to overcook the shrimp.
- 13Serve immediately in a bowl preheated to 160 degrees F.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Shrimp Orleans
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2059.2
- Calories from Fat 1778
- Total Fat 197.5 g
- Saturated Fat 118.7 g
- Cholesterol 833.6 mg
- Sodium 2888.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 50.7 g