Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Prep time includes cleaning and de-veining shrimp.
Make and share this Barbecue Shrimp Orleans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb butter
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole dried rosemary leaves (measured, then finely chopped)
- 2 ounces garlic, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb cleaned peeled and de-veined shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- sourdough bread, for serving
- For Barbecue Butter: Soften butter at room temperature to 70-80 degrees F.
- Place butter in mixing bowl; add pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water.
- Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate to 40 degrees F.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- For Shrimp: Pour olive oil in a hot sauté pan.
- Add shrimp to the sauté pan and cook on one side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- (Don't crowd; if necessary, use 2 pans. A 12-inch pan will accommodate 1 pound of shrimp.) Reduce heat to medium, turn shrimp, and add the chopped green onion.
- Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Stir in 1 cup cold Barbecue Butter (reserve the remainder for another use), reduce heat to low and cook and stir frequently until shrimp are just done (white throughout, moist and tender), approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Take care not to overcook the shrimp.
- Serve immediately in a bowl preheated to 160 degrees F.