Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe for Barbecue Shrimp. Since the shrimp are cooked in a skillet you have the ability to prevent overcooking the shrimp.
- 8 -14 large shrimp, heads on (1 lb, very fresh, no pink in heads, DO NOT REMOVE HEADS, they add a great deal of depth to the sauce)
- 6 ounces cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, cracked
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 6 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- DO NOT REMOVE HEADS, they add a great deal of depth to the sauce.
- The heads can be removed after cooking and before serving.
- Cut whiskers off of shrimp, if you don’t they will get all tangled.
- In a sauté pan place ½ stick of butter in pan and sauté garlic.
- When garlic is sautéed, place all ingredients except butter, lemon juice and shrimp in pan.
- When ingredients are combined place shrimp in liquid and cook until the shrimp turns pink (cooked).
- Make sure the shrimp are stirred carefully so that all shrimp are coated equally and cooked evenly.
- Move shrimp into colander, reserving liquid and seasonings in sauté pan.
- Turn heat down to medium high and add butter, an ounce at a time, stirring constantly.
- When all butter is melted, continue to stir and reduce liquid until it thickens and becomes very smooth.
- Add lemon juice and stir for 1 minute.
- Add cream and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over shrimp.
- Serve with slices of warm French bread for dipping.