Recipe by Chef by Chance
This is from Cooking Light 4/97. Very quick and flavorful. Before I bought my grill pan, I just used a skillet and it worked fine. This is very tasty with cheese grits.
Top Review by pedspeech
These were good- I made them tonight with thick slices of pork tenderloin rather than the bone-in chops. Very quick to put together and cook- one of those "on the table in half an hour" meals.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch bone-in center-cut loin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine the spices, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub onto both sides of the pork chops.
- Coat pan with cooking spray unless otherwise directed by pan instructions.
- Place pork chops and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook until done, approximately 8 minutes. Turn occasionally.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.