Recipe by looneytunesfan
One that sounds good.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this 4 stars. My niece, future hubby and I really loved these. My 4 yrs old newphew did not like them. I had them as a kid and enjoyed them then so I thought I'd make them for everyone. My future hubby did comment that these would make a great appetizer. My copy of the recipe is slightly different it is from better budgeting. My copy calls for the 1Ib ground beef browned and drained, 1 Tbl. minced onion (opt), 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, 1 Tbl. brown sugar, 1 can refrigerator biscuits and 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese the rest is the same as yours. I used 2 cans of biscuits and had 4 biscuits left over. I did not have a muffin tin that was useable unless lined with muffin liners. So I just worked my biscuits out flat like a pizza dough and topped them with the barbecued meat mixture and baked for 13 minutes. They baked up like little puffed pizzas. Thanks for posting a yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 (8 -10 count) packagessmall biscuit dough
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with barbecue sauce; mix well. Add to beef/onion; mix well.
- Grease well 16 to 20 cup muffin pan.
- Mold each biscuit in muffin pan cup to create a cup. Fill with beef mixture, 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly browned and cheese is melted.