Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One that sounds good.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 (8 -10 count) packagessmall biscuit dough
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with barbecue sauce; mix well. Add to beef/onion; mix well.
- Grease well 16 to 20 cup muffin pan.
- Mold each biscuit in muffin pan cup to create a cup. Fill with beef mixture, 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
I gave this 4 stars. My niece, future hubby and I really loved these. My 4 yrs old newphew did not like them. I had them as a kid and enjoyed them then so I thought I'd make them for everyone. My future hubby did comment that these would make a great appetizer. My copy of the recipe is slightly different it is from better budgeting. My copy calls for the 1Ib ground beef browned and drained, 1 Tbl. minced onion (opt), 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, 1 Tbl. brown sugar, 1 can refrigerator biscuits and 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese the rest is the same as yours. I used 2 cans of biscuits and had 4 biscuits left over. I did not have a muffin tin that was useable unless lined with muffin liners. So I just worked my biscuits out flat like a pizza dough and topped them with the barbecued meat mixture and baked for 13 minutes. They baked up like little puffed pizzas. Thanks for posting a yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)
Delicious! We loved this. Trying to try some quick and cheaper meal ideas and this had an awesome taste. We used kansas city barbeque sauce (wegmans store brand), omitted onion. For us it filled 12 and with the other 8 biscuits I lightly rolled and topped them with pizza sauce, mozzarella and chopped pepperoni. will definitely do again and bring to next picnic for kids! I serve with sour cream (optional). thanks
Great appetizer...easy to prepare and to eat...will make these often