Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was published in Sunset Magazine. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- liquid red pepper seasoning
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots (3 medium size carrots)
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat till sugar completly dissolves.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, water, mayo, mustard, powder.
- and red-pepper seasoning.
- Combine cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over and toss.
- Refrigerate-covered till ready to serve.