Best Barbecue Coleslaw
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Whisk sugar, mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add shredded cabbage and carrot, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm a Wife and Mom of three girls ranging in age from 9 to 16. Two of my daughters have special needs, so life is never dull! We live in Michigan in a very rural area near the lake (lots of farmland and fishermen). My husband and I own a copywriting business and I am a food writer and blogger. I have a degree in culinary arts and love to entertain and cook. I'm constantly creating and searching for new and improved recipes to try out on our friends or on my blog. We spend a lot of time traveling and camping in the summer. Being self employed writers allows us to spend all sorts of time together and we really enjoy having the girls home all summer. We try to spend as much time as possible in the beautiful Michigan woods.