Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light. July 2009
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 (6 ounce) skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Combine ketchup and next 3 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub spice mixture evenly over chicken thighs. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 12 minutes. Turn chicken over. Brush with half of ketchup mixture; cook 12 minutes.
- Turn chicken over. Brush with remaining ketchup mixture; cook 2 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.
Very good! The spicy brown mustard and the brown sugar complement each other very well. Thanks for posting.