Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Gay many years ago. She included a tablespoon of cornstarch in the sauce mix, I like to remove the wings, pop the baking tray over my burner and boil it to reduce it.
- 2 kg chicken wings, pinion removed (tip)
- 236.59 ml tomato ketchup
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4.92 ml crushed garlic
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- 14.79 ml parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml onions or 4.92 ml garlic salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml water
- Preheat oven to 325f.
- Place the wings in one layer in a large baking dish.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Pour over the wings, place in the oven, and cook for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Remove the wings to a serving platter, place the baking dish on your hotplate, and boil until the sauce reaches a nice thick consistency.
- Pour it over the wings, and serve with lots of napkins!
Finger licking good. I made as per the recipe for 1K of wings and then decided to make another batch of sauce and so glad I did so there was plenty to pour over the wings and the rice we had on the side. We were all wishing there had been more. I baked at 160C non-fan forced for the 1 hour 15 minutes and they were beautifully tender fall of the bones finger licking good. Thank you JustJanS, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 15.
DH loves BBQ and this was no exception. Fantastic. Made for Ed'n 8: MAKE MY RECIPE- Tag game in the Aust/NZ forum.
These wings come out very very tender, which is fabulous! Although I'll admit that I was expecting them to be a bit more flavourful, which is why I'm giving 4 stars and not 5.