Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been making these for years. I love it when I have leftover chicken, so I get to make these! I've also made them with leftover turkey. Ingredient amounts are approximate. Feel free to adjust to your liking!
- Saute onions and bell peppers (if using) in pan with butter. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In another pan heat through shredded chicken with bbq sauce.
- Lightly butter one side of a tortilla.
- Place butter side down in saute pan.
- Quickly add some of the cheese, chicken and onions (peppers and cilantro, if using) to one half of tortilla. Then quickly fold in half forming a semi-circle.
- Continue to cook until bottom side is golden brown, then carefully flip quesadilla over.
- Brown other side and remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges and serve with additional barbecue sauce.
OMG... I made these quite awhile ago... July 8th to be exact. I made them and was raving to another reviewer (pammyowl) about how great they were, so she decided to make them, also. I used some left-over chicken and bottled BBQ sauce. I did not heat them in a pot or pan, I zapped it in a bowl in the micro-wave while I was sauteing the bell pepper & onion (time saver and less mess). I did not use cilantro. The only ingredient that was different was that I used "Pepper Jack" cheese instead of "Monterey Jack" (it was what I had at the time). After sauteing the veggies, I wiped out the non-stick skillet with a paper towel and did not add butter to the tortillas (not needed, in my opinion). I love almost any quesadilla that I have made or ones that I can get my hands on, but never once thought of BBQ Chicken as an option! Hubby & I loved them! Thank you for posting. (Made for "Name That Ingredient" tag)
Very good! I used leftover BBQ chicken, so I skipped the sauce. Will make again!
Quick and easy, this hit the spot for dinner. I used yellow and red peppers and skipped the cilantro and most of the butter. Very nice! Made for ZWT8. Thanks Charmie777!