I've been making these for years. I love it when I have leftover chicken, so I get to make these! I've also made them with leftover turkey. Ingredient amounts are approximate. Feel free to adjust to your liking!
- Saute onions and bell peppers (if using) in pan with butter. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In another pan heat through shredded chicken with bbq sauce.
- Lightly butter one side of a tortilla.
- Place butter side down in saute pan.
- Quickly add some of the cheese, chicken and onions (peppers and cilantro, if using) to one half of tortilla. Then quickly fold in half forming a semi-circle.
- Continue to cook until bottom side is golden brown, then carefully flip quesadilla over.
- Brown other side and remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges and serve with additional barbecue sauce.