Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From reading this recipe, I would call it a lamb marinade for grilled leg of lamb. From The Star of Texas Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston. Here for future use. I had to alter the way the recipe read in order to input the amounts of the ingredients. I guessed the amount of ounces in a "bottle of wine" so just ignore that! Time doesn't include marination (24-48 hrs.).
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle red wine
- 2 packages good seasons garlic & herb salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 4 tablespoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons fines herbes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil, less if lamb is fatty
- 1 (8 lb) leg of lamb, boned, butterflied
- Mix first 7 ingredients together and marinate the lamb for 24-48 hours, in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Grill 4 inches from the heat about 10 minutes per side or until crusty on the outside and pink on the inside.