Recipe by LorenLou
From the family cookbook.....a hearty recipe to feed a crowd, or easily halved for a smaller barbecue. Easy to throw together, even with the long list of ingredients. Always a hit!
Top Review by CheCheCherie
This one is in our family cookbook too, handed down from my favorite aunt! It is absolutely THE BEST bean bake I have ever eaten and is by FAR our favorite. Smoky, sweet and tangy... Can't be beat!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb bacon, snipped into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown the ground beef, bacon and onion.
- Drain the excess grease.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13" pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all other ingredients except the beans, and add to the meat mixture.
- Add the beans and combine thoroughly but gently.
- Pour into prepared pyrex dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.