Recipe by mummamills
My mate Barb makes this wonderful dish brilliantly, even after half a bottle of white wine:) you can add tomato paste if you like, or even chopped capsicum or mushrooms. This dish is fine with just wine and water, but much much better with well flavoured chicken stock. I like to use about 1/2 cup of stock that I get when I do chinese chicken wings. You can use lite sour cream for this dish, but the sauce with most likely seperate, still tastes great though.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this for dinner tonight. It was quick and simple to put together and was delicious over rice. Best of all it was well received by all four of my kids. I will definitely be making this again in the future. Made and reviewed for AUS/NZ Swap #72.
- 500 g chicken tenderloins (or chopped breasts or thighs)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 200 g sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- add the chicken, (cut in bite sized pieces) and the chopped onion.
- stir for about 2 minutes.
- add the garlic, and continue cooking till the chicken is golden.
- add the white wine.
- add the tomatos.
- add the stock or water.
- simmer until chicken is cooked and the sauce is reduced.(thats why you use a LARGE pan.).
- when done, salt and cracked pepper to taste, turn off heat and cover.
- when ready to serve, re-heat, stir in the sour cream, but dont re-boil.
- serve over pasta, (I like curls) with a green salad.