One Pan Tomato Basil Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained or 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained or 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- in a large skillet, saute rice in margarine until golden brown over medium heat.
- Stir in water and special seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, chicken, tomato and basil.
- Cover, simmer 5-10 minutes more or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My name is Lisa, my husband, 3 kids, 2 toy poodles and a huge maine coon make our home in Redmond, Oregon. I adore cooking and love trying new recipes.</p>