Recipe by Another cuppa?
SO SO SO GOOD. And I don't understand why more people don't make it, it is really easy if you are in the house during the day so can keep an eye on the condensed milk. My family rave about this and ask us to take it to all the meetings.
- 100 g butter, melted
- 250 g digestive biscuits, crumbled
- 2 (397 g) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large bananas
- 284 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 4 milk chocolate pieces, grated finely into shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add to a bowl with the biscuit crumbs.
- Mix together and pat down for the base in a 20cm cake tin.
- Place in the fridge to allow it to cool.
- Simmer a saucepan of water and place the cans in for approximately 2 hours. Keep topping up the water as it'll evaporate as time goes on, leave simmering.
- When resembling a dark brown almost jelly-like appearance, pour ontop of the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Place back into the fridge to cool for at least an hour.
- Next, slice up the bananas into 1cm thick pieces, and cover the toffee with them.
- Whip the cream ever so carefully so it is still a spreadable consistency.
- Spread ontop of the bananas and grate the chocolate for decoration.
- Cut into pieces and ENJOY!