Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of the easiest and most deliciously, toffeeish and satisfying puddings i have ever made. It goes well with ice-cream, custard etc. We had it once when out for a meal when on holiday and my bf said it was the best pudding he had ever had. I came across it in a ready, steady cook recipe book. I have succesfully substituted the dairy products for soya products in the past also.
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 50 g butter
- 50 g soft dark brown sugar
- 50 g honey
- 2 slices bread, crusts off
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml double cream
- Preheat oven at 220 c/425 f/ gas 7.
- Cut bread in half diagonally.
- Gently melt butter in pan then stir in sugar and honey until melted.
- Add bananas.
- In a seperate pan gently heat milk + cream.
- Lay half the bread in a small/med oven proof dish and pour half the banana mix then half the milk/cream mix. then lay the rest of the bread, banana mix and cream mix.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden.