1/1 Photo of Banging Banana Bread
I LOVE banana bread. So, I have made it for many years. I am always looking to get the flavor just perfect! I use "old" bananas. The upscale produce shop won't sell them, so I usually call and see if they have any. That way I can use them right away AND they sell them to me super cheap! I usually bake around 150 mini loaves to include in my Christmas Goodies Bags. I like my recipes to have measurements for items, sizes for pans, and baking directions. So you will find all of that in this recipe that I have finally decided I have "tweeked" it right down to d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together Crisco and sugar.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, blend thoroughly.
- 4Add to mixture the mashed banana and water, blend.
- 5Add all remainly dry ingredients, blend with mixer thoroughly.
- 6Now add flour and scrape sides of bowl mix until well blended.
- 7Add in walnuts and stir again.
- 8Spray the BOTTOM only of what ever pan you have decided to use (I generally make mini loaves).
- 9Fill the pan between 1/2 and 2/3 full.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banging Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 332.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g