1/2 Photos of Bangers and Mash (England)
Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is a favourite in my family, very English (I know we are Kiwi, but we still love it)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1peel potatoes and chop in half.
- 2place in pan with a lid on.
- 3cover with water and bring to boil, leave to simmer for about until tender, drain water and keep warm in oven with lid on,(or make them just before mashing).
- 4peel onions and slice into rings, (for a trick to stop watery eyes, put onions in a freezer for 10 minutes before peeling).
- 5put olive oil and garlic in frypan and add onions, turning with tongs frequently.
- 6grill sausages, turning with tongs when required.
- 7just before serving put peas in boiling water and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 8while the peas are cooking get potatoes out.
- 9place a knob of butter on potatoes and mash dry.
- 10add milk until you get a creamy consistency.
- 11serve sausages with onions over and peas and mash.
- 12place some ketchup on the side for a perfect dinner.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bangers and Mash (England)
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 407.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 19.9 g