This is a favourite in my family, very English (I know we are Kiwi, but we still love it)
Make and share this Bangers and Mash (England) recipe from Food.com.
- peel potatoes and chop in half.
- place in pan with a lid on.
- cover with water and bring to boil, leave to simmer for about until tender, drain water and keep warm in oven with lid on,(or make them just before mashing).
- peel onions and slice into rings, (for a trick to stop watery eyes, put onions in a freezer for 10 minutes before peeling).
- put olive oil and garlic in frypan and add onions, turning with tongs frequently.
- grill sausages, turning with tongs when required.
- just before serving put peas in boiling water and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- while the peas are cooking get potatoes out.
- place a knob of butter on potatoes and mash dry.
- add milk until you get a creamy consistency.
- serve sausages with onions over and peas and mash.
- place some ketchup on the side for a perfect dinner.