Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a favourite in my family, very English (I know we are Kiwi, but we still love it)
Make and share this Bangers and Mash (England) recipe from Food.com.
- peel potatoes and chop in half.
- place in pan with a lid on.
- cover with water and bring to boil, leave to simmer for about until tender, drain water and keep warm in oven with lid on,(or make them just before mashing).
- peel onions and slice into rings, (for a trick to stop watery eyes, put onions in a freezer for 10 minutes before peeling).
- put olive oil and garlic in frypan and add onions, turning with tongs frequently.
- grill sausages, turning with tongs when required.
- just before serving put peas in boiling water and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- while the peas are cooking get potatoes out.
- place a knob of butter on potatoes and mash dry.
- add milk until you get a creamy consistency.
- serve sausages with onions over and peas and mash.
- place some ketchup on the side for a perfect dinner.
Thank you for this recipe, I think I have been waiting for it all of my life. Bacon and sausage are the only forms of pork I will eat, and I've wanted a good Bangers and Mash recipe for almost forever. I also love Toad in the Hole. Thanks again.........bb
I followed this recipe with the exception of the peas. My son does not like peas so I used 2 fresh zuchinis and saute them with the onions. My whole family loved this dish. I tried to save the drippings from the sausage to cook the vegys but I did not get any. The sausages were difficult to cook thorough on the skillet, so after browning the outside, I sliced them up about .5 - 1 inch thick and saute them. Thank you for a wonderful dish. This will definitely be part of our regular dinner line-up.
This is a great dish. I didn't add the oil. Just used the fat from the sausage, then added mushrooms. Mushrooms act as small sponges, so they soaked up what little oil was left. Pick them out if your on a diet, like my DH. Awesome recipe Perfect, Thanks!