1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Cooking Beast's Note:
This gem is adapted from Cheesecake Extraordinaire by Mary Crownover (1990). The liqueur flavor is a little strong, but it is just terrific.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Bananas Foster filling
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter and press the crumb mixture in it. (Instead of the vanilla cookies, a tasty variation that works well is 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup ginger snap cookie crumbs.).
- 2In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, brown sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon with an electric mixer. Add eggs and yolk and mix well. Purée banana in a food processor. Mix puréed banana, banana liqueur, rum, and vanilla extract into cheese mixture with mixer. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- 4Without opening the oven, lower the temperature to 225 degrees F and continue baking for 70 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles when you gently shake the springform pan.
- 5Remove the cake from the oven, close oven door, and gently run a knife all around the inside edge of the springform pan to prevent the cake from sticking to it and causing cracks. If cake is still a little wet in center, place it back in the oven for another 30 minutes with oven turned off. It will continue to cook gently as oven cools.
- 6Remove cheesecake from oven and cool completely to room temperature.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Cooling to room temp prevents moisture from forming inside plastic wrap. Even cheesecakes that seem a little jiggly in the center will firm up nicely after refrigeration.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (1220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 130.4 mg
- Sodium 230.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: