Top Review by Karin...
This was soooooo nice!!! Really light and if you like bananas, then this recipe is sure to please!!! I didn't have any Banana Liqueur so I substituted it with Franjelico (hazelnut liqueur), and it was just gorgeous! Will definately be making this again - it's soooo easy! Cheers, Karin.
- 4 firm but ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup golden rum or 1⁄4 cup white rum
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel bananas cut in half, slice each half lengthwise into quarters.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, and banana liqueur and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until bubbly Add bananas turning once, for 2 minutes, or until slightly softened and browned Remove skillet from heat.
- In a small saucepan heat rum over low heat.
- Carefully light the rum using a long fireplace match, pour flaming rum over bananas and sauce Allow sauce to flame until it dies out, swirling the pan gently to prolong the flaming Scoop the ice cream into bowls and spoon the bananas and warm sauce on top.