Recipe by Jennygal
From the summer edition of Whats Cooking by Kraft. A no-bake recipe with a beautiful presentation. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
Great dessert. I cut the recipe in half and made it in a 8 x 8 pan. I used ff cheese, pudding and cool whip and you couldn't tell the difference. I didn't have pecans so I used sliced almonds. The crust didn't stay together very well. The next time I'll try baking it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 bananas, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (113 g) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crumbs and margarine and press onto bottom of a 13x9 pan. Freeze 10 minute.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Spread carefully over crust. Top with pineapple. Slice 4 bananas over the pineapple.
- Pour milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mixes and beat with wire whisk for 2 minute Gently stir in 1 cup cool whip and spread over banana layer in the pan.
- Top with remaining cool whip. Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Slice remaining bananas just before serving and arrange over dessert. Sprinkle with pecans. Store leftovers in fridge.