Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I had a friend give me this recipe recently after trying it at a potluck lunch. It is very tasty, and is easy to make too.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix, 1 box (2-layer size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 minute Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 35 minute or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- REMOVE cake from pan; cut crosswise in half. Place one cake half, top-side down, on large serving plate; spread top with frosting.
- Top with remaining cake half, top side up.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Carefully press walnuts into frosting on sides of cake.
- Store in refrigerator.