Great way to use up bananas! Nuts could be added in as well. These have a light glaze on them that soaks in all the way to the bottom. Nice change from banana bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup applesauce (I use the cinnamon applesauce for more flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda sugar substitute (sugar can be used as well)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix together all ingredients for the bars and spread into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 4Once you pull the bars from the oven, prepare the glaze.
- 5For the glaze; Mix together melted butter and milk and slowing whisk in powdered sugar until you get the consistency you like. Add more milk if you think it is needed.
- 6Using a small knife, make several slits in the cake. About every 1/2 inch to 1 inch.
- 7Pour glaze over the top allowing it to soak into the bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Raisin Bars
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 435.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g