1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Southern Living; fabulous dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 6 ripe bananas, sliced
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan; whisk in milk.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Beat egg yolks until thick and pale.
- 5Gradually stir one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 7Stir in vanilla.
- 8Layer one-third of wafers in a 16-cup trifle bowl.
- 9Combine bourbon and rum; brush over wafers.
- 10Top with one-third of banana.
- 11Spoon one-third of custard over banana, and sprinkle with 1/3 cup crushed candy bar.
- 12Repeat layers twice.
- 13Beat cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- 14Spread whipped cream over trifle, and sprinkle with remaining crushed candy bar.
- 15Cover and chill 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pudding Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.5
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 243.4 mg
- Sodium 374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g