Nutter Butter Banana Pudding Trifle (No Shortcut!)
photo by Heather in Georgia
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 35mins
- 3 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 medium bananas
- 1 (1 lb) package peanut butter sandwich cookie
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- peanut butter sandwich cookie, dried banana chips, fresh mint sprigs
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Place saucepan in ice, and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly chilled.
- Meanwhile, cut bananas into 1/4-inch slices.
- Break cookies into thirds.
- Spoon half of pudding mixture into a 3-qt. bowl or pitcher. Top with bananas and cookies. Spoon remaining pudding mixture over bananas and cookies.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream.
- Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been cooking since I before I was a teenager. I am a Creative Memories consultant and do alot of cooking for the workshops that I hold in my house, and have a reputation to mantain :)