Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Johnny Cash was my husband's cousin and I was lucky enough to obtain a cookbook of Johnny's mother's recipes titled, "Favorite Recipes From Mama Cash's Kitchen." I've been asked to post some of the recipes from the book and this is one of them.
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package banana cream pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- confectioners' sugar
- Mix all ingredients until they're blended and beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pan at least 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; finish cooling on rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.
- ***Cake can also be baked in a 13 x 9 pan for 50-55 minutes.