Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the recipe that my sister gave me. This is my 1 # favorite dessert! This is the best one I have ever tasted.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (for dipping bananas in so they don't turn black.)
- 36 vanilla wafers
- In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk and water.
- Beat in pudding mix until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into chilled pudding mixture.
- Dip sliced bananas in lemon juice.
- Shake off excess.
- In a 2 1/2 quart serving bowl, spoon 1 cup pudding mixture.
- Top with one-third each of the wafers, bananas and remaining pudding.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Chill until serving.
This was fantastic. I took it to work for my boss' birthday and everyone enjoyed it so much.
This is awesome. My kids really enjoyed it and the pudding mixture was right on in terms of texture and taste. I loved the fact that this used whipped cream instead of the other stuff. I know it's strange, but the lemon flavored banana was really tasty...I might have discovered a new snack addiction. Thank you for posting this!
This was really good - and especially enjoyed by the children. Almost a cookie-trifle. I was afraid the condensed milk/pudding mixture would be too sweet, but things evened out when the whipped cream was folded in. I sprinkled the top with just a bit of cinnamon, and I thought this complemented the dessert very nicely.