Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From The Natural Menopause Cookbook.
- 75 g rolled oats (30z)
- 100 ml soymilk (3 1/2 fl oz)
- 75 ml water (3 fl oz)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 banana (large ripe 125g/4oz)
- soymilk (extra to serve)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds (divided)
- Peel and finely slice banana.
- Place the oats, soya milk, water, sugar and banana in a heavy based saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring steadily.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Divide mix between 2 bowls, pour over a little more soy milk and scatter the pumpkin seeds over the porridge.
A Great way to start the day. This is a delicious and good for you brekkie. I used a small amount of Splenda brown sugar and some chopped pecans since I didn't have the pumpkin seeds. :D
I adore oats so this was perfect for me - I left out the sugar and threw in a handful of bran too. I mad a big batch so I have some to microwave tomorrow.
Delicious! This is a great way to start the day. This porridge is hot, creamy, sweet and packed with yummy flavor. Have had banana oatmeal before but for some reason the flavor really comes out in the oh so tasty porridge. Thanks for the post.