Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A way to spice up those pancakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Combine Pancake Mix and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, egg, and oil; add to dry ingredients, whisking just until lumps disappear.
- Stir 1 chopped banana and 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans into batter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges begin to look cooked; turn and cook 2 more minutes or until done.
These are nice. The batter was a little thin, so I was worried they were going to end up being more like crepes, but they didn't. They make nice golden pancakes. I used chopped and toasted pecans from Trader Joe's. Yummy. Thanks for sharing.