Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from "1001 Cookie Recipes". Freezing time not included in preparation time.
- 7 large bananas (very ripe)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream, lightly whipped
- Peel and mash bananas.
- Combine with lemon juice, salt, sugar and fresh orange juice.
- Fold confectioners' sugar into lightly whipped heavy cream.
- Add to banana mixture.
thank you for sharing this recipe.it was the best.
I have been making a recipe similar except in place of the cream is water. I freeze it in ice trays and add one drain marchino cherry to it. It is great dropping two or three cubes in a glass and filling with lemon lime carbonated water. Sometimes for variety I add crushed pineapple in place of the orange juice.
i've been making a banana ice cream for a while with reduced fat milk instead of the cream and with the banana - the ice cream texture is still good - so i tried this recipe also with the reduced fat milk - and i like it. it's almost identical to the banana ice - but the orange juice gives it just a little bit of something different and special and delicious. Thanks Nancy!