- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (Not instant)
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Cream together sugar and shortening. Beat in well beaten eggs. Stir in the vanilla, lemon juice, and banana.
- Add rolled oats and flour alternately to the banana mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet and bake in preheated 350° oven 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden.