Top Review by l.lahn
This cake didn't rise much. Also the temperature of 350F. is too high. The cake burned, possibly because I used a teflon coated cake pan. I did turn heat down to 325 but the damaged was already done.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl mix together flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and buttermilk, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 inch (32 x 23 cm) cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F ( 180 C) for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely on cake rack.
- Ice with Caramel Fudge Frosting.
- Frosting: 1/3 cup butter 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar 1/4 cup milk, 2% 2 cups sifted icing suga r Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir over low heat 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir in icing sugar.
- Spread on cooled cake. Yield: 24 servings Garnish plate with a sliced strawberry and banana slices that have been dipped in orange or lemon juice.