1/2 Photos of Banana Oatmeal Cake with Caramel Fudge Frosting
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl mix together flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- 2In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 4Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and buttermilk, mixing lightly after each addition.
- 5Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 inch (32 x 23 cm) cake pan.
- 6Bake at 350 F ( 180 C) for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 7Cool completely on cake rack.
- 8Ice with Caramel Fudge Frosting.
- 9Frosting: 1/3 cup butter 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar 1/4 cup milk, 2% 2 cups sifted icing suga r Melt butter in saucepan.
- 10Stir in brown sugar.
- 11Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 12Boil and stir over low heat 2 minutes.
- 13Stir in milk.
- 14Heat to boiling.
- 15Remove from heat. Gradually stir in icing sugar.
- 16Spread on cooled cake. Yield: 24 servings Garnish plate with a sliced strawberry and banana slices that have been dipped in orange or lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Cake with Caramel Fudge Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 179.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g