Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I found this recipe in Light & Tasty Magazine. I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty and refreshing it is! This is a reduced-calorie recipe, but if you do not need to calorie count, then use regular milk and ice cream. You can also add more coffee granules if you like a stronger coffee flavor. I make the original recipe as a quick breakfast on hot summer days.
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (or regular vanilla ice cream)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk (or fat percentage of your choice)
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup ice cube (7-8 regular size)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process for 45 to 60 seconds or until frothy.
- Pour into glasses; serve immediately.
This was a nice pick-me up. I used about a half cup of low fat vanilla ice cream and a spoon full of vanilla yogurt.. I'll make it again. Thanks for posting!
Easy, refreshing recipe. Made for a great quick breakfast. Made for Spring 2012 PAC game.
I'm a coffee fan so, this is my kind of smoothie! I used Dannon low carb low sugar yogurt, which I put in the freezer.