Recipe from an email from a kitchen wharehouse supplier - looks interesting and would like to try if I can get some bananas ripened enough and not have the DS throw them out on me (24 year old nearing 25 with autism intellectual impairment), I just may get to make this recipe, in the mean time here for safe keeping. Times are estimated.
- Preheat oven to 175C fan forced (for conventional I would recommend about 185C).
- Grease and line (with baking paper) a standard loaf tin.
- Sift flour, bi-carbonate and baking powder together.
- Cream butter and sugar with a stand mixer or hand held mixer until well mixed.
- Add the egg and mashed banana and mix well together.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder till incorporated and mix well and then add the 2 tablespoons milk and mix through.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder till incorporated.
- Pour mix into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, test with skewer for doneness (should come out clean).
- Would recommend to leave in pan for 5 to 10 minutes before turning out.