Prep 30 mins
Cook 168 hrs
Use this liqueur in Banana Daiquiri Bahama Mama and Chocolate Monkey's!
Make and share this Banana Liqueur recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and mash bananas.
- Combine with the vodka, sugar syrup and vanilla in sterilized, wide-mouth jar.
- Cap the jar and shake gently to mix.
- Let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 week.
- Strain and filter the liquid.
- Transfer clear liqueur to a sterilized bottle.
- Note: To make sugar syrup, bring 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- Simmer, occasionally scraping down the sides of the pan, until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Fabulous for being ready so quickly! I altered the recipe slightly by using half brown and half white sugar, 3 bananas instead of two, and added a cinnamon stick. The result is amazing, but best enjoyed cold over crushed ice.
Great recipe. We added 3 tablespoons of cinnamon and it was simply amazing! Made "valentines" with it by mixing equal parts liqueur,vodka,and cranberry juice! you wont forget how great it is!
This is a great recipe. Thank you for posting :)