Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I always like to have some kind of quick bread or cake on hand for my kids to snack on. This one is really flavourful.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190C).
- Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter with sugar for 6 minutes, until light.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; blend in bananas and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend into banana mixture along with lemon zest.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tested done.
- Remove, cool for 15 minutes and turn out of pan.
- Cool completely.
This is VERY rich and very good
I made this with a few tweaks to cut down on fat & sugar/ I used half Splenda, half sugar & half butter, half apple sauce but eveything else as stated. The texture was probably more dense due to my changes but I thought it was still great & not so much guilt from eating it. I got 2 small loaves & approx 9 bite size muffins from the mix. A keeper for me who always has an abundance of lemons on hand!
Easy to put together! I used about 4 bananas to get the 1 1/2 cups mashed. I baked for one hour and the top was a bit too brown but the inside was really moist. I may add a little more lemon zest next time too. I could really taste it in the batter, but not as much baked. Overall a great tasting bread and I was able to get it in the oven within 10 minutes.