- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190C).
- Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter with sugar for 6 minutes, until light.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; blend in bananas and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend into banana mixture along with lemon zest.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tested done.
- Remove, cool for 15 minutes and turn out of pan.
- Cool completely.