Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
This recipe has a 5 star rating on Taste.com.au Source:Fresh Living magazine - September 2005 I've made them once & found them fruity, moist & yum- perfect for a morning tea muffin.
- melted butter, for greasing
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 75 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease 12 x 1/3 cup (80ml) muffin pans with melted butter or line with paper cases.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Combine melted butter, milk, honey, vanilla, eggs and mashed banana in a large jug. Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients. Add egg mixture, stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spoon mixture into muffin pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool.