Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
Delicious crisp fritters. Make sure bananas are not too over ripe. This recipe would also be good with apple or pineapple.
- 2 tablespoons flour, all purpose
- salt, pinch
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄8 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 firm bananas
- oil, for shallow frying
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon coconut, dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour with salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- Drop in the egg and mix with spoon, gradually adding all the flour, then slowly add the coconut milk, stirring well.
- Add more coconut milk as needed to reach a thick cream consistancy.
- Stir in the sugar and allow batter to rest for 20 minutes.
- Peel bananas, cut in halk lenthwise and dip into batter.
- Heat 1/4 inch deep oil in frying pan. When hot, fry the fritters for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain and dust with confectioners sugar and coconut mix.
- Serve immediatly while fritters are still crisp.