Recipe by momaphet
This traditional recipe is from Indonesia, but is probably familiar to many countries that grow this tropical fruit. I have no idea how many it serves.
Top Review by Nasseh
I also had trouble with these fritters. The batter is too runny to make balls so I just dropped spoonfuls into the oil. They took a very long time to brown & then they were greasy. I ended up throwing out the cooked ones & using the batter for something else. Made for ZWT6 - No-Nonsense Nibblers
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, peeled (about 10 oz/300g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with the sugar, salt (if using), flour and coconut cream into a sticky, slighty moist batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan until very hot (365 degrees).
- Using very moist fingers, pinch about 1 heaped tablespoons of the batter, roll it into a ball and glenty lower it into the hot oil Deep-fry for 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally , until crispy and golden brown on all sides. Do not overcrowd the pan with the batter or temperature of the oil will drop. Remove from the hot oil and drain on paper towels
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm with ice cream or a bit of coconut cream on top.