Recipe by kittycatmom
My DH loves pancakes! I am always trying something new to find the "right" taste to suit him. This is one of MANY that he likes.... I don't really remember where this recipe came from... my sister I think....
Top Review by CoffeeB
What fabulous flavor these pancakes have Debi. Love the added flax seed too. I used meal as opposed to the seeds. I also opted out of the walnuts per DH's preference. Perfect sweetness. I used blackberries for my sauce and they were so yummy. DH likes his pancakes with the fruit served this way atop the pancakes and then with a healthy amount of maple syrup and butter:-) Really good and healthy too. Well, minus the butter and syrup.~ Made for Kittencal's Kitchen.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup complete pancake and waffle mix
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds (flax seed meal)
- 1 pinch salt
For Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, mix together egg, oil, honey, milk and banana. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine pancake mix, ground walnuts, ground flax seed and salt. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Spoon batter onto hot skillet. Cook until bubbles start to appear on surface and flip. Cook until light, golden brown.
- Blueberry Sauce.
- In nonstick saucepan, combine blueberries and sugar. Cook until blueberries are warm and softened. Spoon warm blueberries on top of each pancake and serve.