1/1 Photo of Banana Cupcakes With Amaretto Buttercream
Vino Girl's Note:
These are so moist with a light banana flavor. The frosting is wonderful! My yield was only 10 cupcakes. From Cooking Light, October 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3Place granulated sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 4 minutes).
- 4Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Combine flour, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 6Combine banana, yogurt, and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla, stirring well.
- 7Beating at low speed, add flour mixture and banana mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (cups will be full).
- 9Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center of 1 cupcake comes out clean.
- 10Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- 11FROSTING: Place 1/3 cup butter, liqueur, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 12Gradually add powdered sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt, beating just until smooth.
- 13Spread frosting evenly over cupcakes; sprinkle evenly with almonds.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cupcakes With Amaretto Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: