These are so moist with a light banana flavor. The frosting is wonderful! My yield was only 10 cupcakes. From Cooking Light, October 2006.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place granulated sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 4 minutes).
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Combine banana, yogurt, and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla, stirring well.
- Beating at low speed, add flour mixture and banana mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (cups will be full).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center of 1 cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- FROSTING: Place 1/3 cup butter, liqueur, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt, beating just until smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly over cupcakes; sprinkle evenly with almonds.