If you love banana pancakes, try this one! It's sinful. But, do make the Banana Cream Topping in advance as it will really cut down on preparations the day you make the pancakes. I hope you enjoy them!This recipe came from Bon Appetit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Pancakes
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled,thinly sliced
- warm maple syrup
For the Banana Cream Topping
- 1For the Pancakes: In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg yolks.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to blend.
- 3Gradually whisk flour mixture into buttermilk mixture.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and gently fold into batter.
- 5Preheat oven to 250^F.
- 6In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 7Working in batches, drop batter by a 1/2 cup measure into the skillet.
- 8Immediately place 8 banana slices on top of each pancake.
- 9Cook until pancakes are light golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 10Place cooked pancakes on baking sheet and keep warm.
- 11Continue until all pancakes are cooked.
- 12Top pancakes with Banana Cream Topping and drizzle with warm maple syrup.
- 13For the Banana Cream Topping: In a medium saucepan, combine bananas, apple juice, powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- 14Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes until bananas are very soft.
- 15Transfer bananas to a food processor and add 1/3 cup cooking liquid from the pan.
- 16Discard remaining liquid.
- 17Puree until smooth.
- 18Chill until cold.
- 19Beat cream in a chilled medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 20Carefully, fold cream into banana puree.
- 21This should be be prepared up to 2 days in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (741 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1201.3
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 281.1 mg
- Sodium 1422.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 71.1 g
- Protein 21.9 g