Recipe by swissms
This is one of my favorite pancake recipes. The butter rum sauce provides a grown-up, Carribean flavor to this childhood favorite. You can leave out the rum or use rum extract, however, the dark rum provides a nice flavor.
Top Review by Boomette
The pancakes have a great texture. I thought I would have to add milk but no it was perfect. The maple syrup with the butter and rum is great, but me and DH would have liked maybe a bit more rum :) Thanks Swissms :) Made for Zaar Star Game
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Butter Rum Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together milk, sugar, 2 T oil, egg, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is almost smooth.
- Fold the bananas into the batter.
- Let rest, loosely covered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine the melted butter and 1 T oil. Put small amount in skillet.
- For each pancake, pour ¼ cup batter. Cook over medium heat. Serve with butter rum sauce.
- Butter Rum Sauce:.
- Combine all the ingredients into a glass measuring cup. Cook on medium power in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and serve hot.