Recipe by tweetyfan
The chocolate chips often surprise people who try them.
Top Review by beckithebaker
I got this recipe from Price Chopper on-line. I was going to post it but was happy to see it here already. I always add the applesauce. My boyfriend LOVES these! He brought a batch to work and they were gone within minutes! HUGE hit. They are so quick and easy to make you can't go wrong.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, oil, banana and applesauce; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.