Recipe by grandma2969
this might just be a huge hit at your next cookout..I don't use rum I just use about 1 tbls rum extract
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 medium sized bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
PECAN PRALINE TOPPING
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350*.
- cream sugar, butter and bananas till smooth and creamy --
- beat in butter milk, rum (extract) and egg.combine well.
- blend in all remaining ingredients except topping --
- pour into greased and floured 9" square pan -- bake 25-30 minutes or toothpick test.
- cool completely and then spread with frosting --
- PECAN PRALINE TOPPING:.
- bring butter and sugar to boil in pan -- cook over medium het, stirring 1 minute or till slightly thickened.
- let cool 10 minutes.
- beat in milk, powdered sugar and vanilla.stir in nuts.