1/1 Photo of Banana Buttermilk Waffles
Food Network Kitchen's Note:
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed, plus 1 banana, for serving (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the waffle iron
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, broken into small pieces
- maple syrup, for serving
- 1Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy; add the buttermilk, mashed banana, 4 tablespoons of the butter and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir the wet mixture into the dry until just combined, taking care not to over mix.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- 4Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high.
- 5Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Brush the inside of the iron evenly with some of the remaining butter. Pour in enough batter to lightly cover the surface of the iron, about 1/3 to 3/4 cup, depending on the size of the iron. (Take into consideration that the batter will spread once the lid is closed.).
- 6Cook until the waffles are crisp and golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 7Repeat with the remaining butter and batter, keeping the cooked waffles warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- 8Whisk the cream and confectioner’s sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- 9Slice the remaining banana if using.
- 10Serve the waffles topped with the whipped cream, banana slices and walnuts and drizzled with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Buttermilk Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.5
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 489.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 16.1 g