Recipe by Baby Kato
A nice alternative to traditional bread pudding. I'm not a huge fan of bread pudding but this was good. I think that coconut rum would be wonderful in this dish.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract, pure
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bread into cubes, place in a bowl and pour the milk on it, put aside for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Pour this mixture onto the bread mixture.
- Next add the mashed bananas and raisins.
- Now add the rum, cinnamom and ground nutmeg.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Let cool before serving.