Recipe by zeldaz51
The old tried and true recipe from the Fannie Farmer cookbook. I've been using this recipe for 40+ years!
- 3 over-ripe bananas, well mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten until light
- 473.18 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml nutmeats, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix the bananas and eggs in a bowl (a stand mixer is easiest, but by hand is fine, just make sure you mix them VERY well).
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour though soda), then add the dry mixture to the wet banana mixture. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Bake in buttered 9 X 5 inch loaf pan one hour (mini loaf pans take 45 minutes).